Florence S. Croce
Hymn to the Memory, coincidence of arts and artists
The definition of “Pantheon” is well suited to the Basilica of Santa Croce. A temple of art and memory where endures the fame of “Italian glories”, as recalled Foscolo in his SepulchresMachiavelli, Galileo, Michelangelo, Alfieri are just a few of the genes that lie in one of the most beautiful churches in the world.
Every detail of the facade, the interior and the facades refer to the meticulous work perfectly balanced by distinguished architects, sculptors and painters. Only here the frescoes of Giotto communicate with the works of Taddeo Gaddi, Michelozzo, Giovanni della Robbia, Vasari, Donatello. Santa Croce reflects one of the main features of Florence to contain in itself the infinite combinations of art.
The correspondences are not exhausted in the story of a legendary time away. They live again and are handed down in artistic craft that populates this neighborhood. The master craftsmen draw inspiration by the treasures of the square and surrounding streets and create unique works as their city:
• hand-painted ceramic tableware
• jewelery in gold, silver and precious stones
• marvelous tailoring items of clothing
• manifactures in the Florentine “commesso” mosaic made with semiprecious stones and in the technique of “scagliola”
• perfumes, aromas and fragrances that make you feel well
Do not lose the trail of memory, tradition and art!